Introducing Justin Fitzgerald Okimi
My brother Kevin called me today. He wanted to know if he could use my address to file his U.S. taxes since he has moved back to Canada. Somehow this led us to a brilliant idea. As most of you know, my brothers and I all share the name Fitzgerald, but often it is not on our ID. For instance, some of my cards say Justin Gilbert or Justin Michael, rarely do they list all three.
BUT, if we made sure to list in our passports the name Fitzgerald (i.e. Matthew Fitzgerald Okimi, Kevin Fitzgerald Okimi, Greg Fitzgerald Okimi, Justin Fitzgerald Okimi) THEN we could purchase an airplane ticket for Fitzgerald Okimi (plenty of people go by their middle names) and any one of us could use it.
Now, you're probably thinking Why would you ever need to do that? And that's a good question. No instance comes to mind. BUT, it doesn't hurt anything, and then in the off chance something did come up that I couldn't use my ticket and my brother could, why, we've just prevented the loss of a plane ticket.
6 comments:
Not a bad idea. If Kevin wants to drive down from Canada to use your plane ticket home, I say, you win. Suckers.
So this is what you spend your time doing when you're supposed to be writing essays for scholarship applications . . . blogging stories I've already heard. You could've been getting things accomplished. Or better yet, sleeping.
Happily, though, as I already shared with Justin, my brother and I could already do this, even without scheming out the plan. We share a middle name, and since it's our only middle name, it's automatically on important documents like passports and such. Hooray. Luckily, my brother and I are also often in the same physical place and not in completely different regions of our nation.
Oh, also, Justin and I decided, it would be wise thinking, everybody, when you come to the time when you're having children, to give them all a second (not third, mind you; never third) middle name that is the same. Kind of like the Okimi's "Fitzgerald." Except that your kids don't know they have the extra middle name until they're 18. Wouldn't that be a fun surprise? "Johnny, now that you're 18, I have something to tell you. Surprise! Your second middle name is Tallulah! And its Sarah and Eric's second middle name, too! Do you know what this means?!?!" And then you explain it to them, and they're very happy.
Yeah. I'd be very happy.
After reading Ben's second comment I really wanted to call you all so that you could hear my laughter. It was loud and lasted for quite awhile, long enough for it to seem a little strange, as I am alone in a quiet apartment. A quiet apartment does nothing to validate my merriment.
excellent idea. I like it.
Post a Comment